By Chelsea Meyer
Rock River Current
Get our newsletter
ROCKFORD — It’s a summer tradition: Rockford City Market is kicking off its 13th season this Friday with new vendors and improved changes.
The Rockford City Market is extending its market grounds one block to the north and reopening State Street. This means, you’ll see more food trucks lined up underneath the Jefferson Street bridge.
More things to do: Here are 16 sweet things to do in the Rockford area this week
On Friday nights for the past few years, drivers had to go around city market. To utilize more space, for the first time since 2020, East State Street will be open to thru traffic. This year they’ll be able to cross the bridge and travel from one side to the other without having to find an alternative route around market.
Want to see if your favorite vendor will be at Rockford City Market this year? See the full list, here.
Rockford City Market runs from May 19th to September 29th.
From market to storefront
Here’s a look at Rockford City Market’s list of businesses that started as market vendors before opening their own storefronts.
- Candy Cloud Co., 6286 E. State St., Rockford
- Woodfire Pizza, 408 E. State St., Rockford
- Cantina Taco, 117 S. Main St., Rockford, and 6342 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park
- Bath & Body Fusion, 324 E. State St., Rockford
- Canine Crunchery, 1888 Daimler Road, Rockford
- Candle Crest, 1418 20th St., Rockford
- T&C Cooking Creations: Opening soon as Ambiance at 307 S. Main St., Rockford
- Synergy Collective, 11361 Main St., Roscoe
- Crust & Crumbles, 116 N. Madison St., Rockford
- Velvet Robot Coffee, 116 N. Madison St. and 1292 S. Alpine Road, Rockford
- Quixotic Bakery, 116 N. Madison St., Rockford
- TNT Funnel Cakes: Opening soon at 201 W. State St., Rockford
- Thai Jasmine Rice and Noodles, 5839 Forest Hills Road, Rockford
- Earth A Zero Waste Company: Opening Soon at 327 W. Jefferson St., Rockford
Know before you go | Rockford City Market
When: 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Fridays, May 19 to Sept. 29 (4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. after Labor Day)
Where: Rockford City Market is located in the heart of downtown Rockford at the intersection of Market Street and Water Street.
For more information: Head over to the Rockford City Market‘s website.